Auteur Topic: Large Loads  (gelezen 649 keer)

Offline heyns57

• Lid (5+)
Large Loads
« Gepost op: 16 december 2009, 00:30:41 »
As reported by Associated Press in Transport Topics 12/14/09, Korean mining equipment will be delivered to northern Alberta, Canada, by way of Idaho and Montana.  Trucks and trailers up to 165 feet long, 24 feet wide and 30 feet high may have 12 axles with eight tires per axle.  The mining equipment will land at the Port of Portland and travel up the Columbia and Snake rivers to Lewiston, Idaho where it will be loaded onto the special trailers.  The trucks will move at a maximum speed of 30 mph on the flat and at 5 mph around corners and down hills.  Projections are for 50 years of clearing, mining and reclamation at the Kearl Oil Sands that contain 4.6 billion barrels of a tar-like petroleum.

Offline Ronnie

• Forumbeheerder
  • Wijsneus (500+)
    • klik
Re: Large Loads
« Reactie #1 Gepost op: 16 december 2009, 17:28:16 »
Hi heyns57,

Long time no see or hear from you here?

But excellent to hear again from you, it's always nice to hear some trucking news out of north-america  :azn:

Is this kind of transport not just a bit to big even for the interstates in the us? i mean i know the roads a bit but don't think that a force like the police is happy with developments like these.

Or they just dont care and give green lights for this, it is ofcorse a politic issue.

Would like to hear this.   :wink:

Greetz,
Ronnie.

Voor vragen kun je me altijd een P.M sturen je kunt daarvoor DEZE link gebruiken

Offline heyns57

• Lid (5+)
« Reactie #2 Gepost op: 17 december 2009, 12:51:06 »
The targeted hours for the trip from Lolo Pass to Lolo are from 2:30 p.m. to 4: p.m. while the leg through Missoula would take four hours starting at about midnight.  Two-lane roads must be closed in both directions, and state law does not allow delays longer than 10 minutes.  There are dozens of turnouts, some of which the oil company will build. 

Offline Ronnie

• Forumbeheerder
  • Wijsneus (500+)
    • klik
« Reactie #3 Gepost op: 17 december 2009, 15:47:45 »
Wow that will cost a fortune, but than again this will save them lots of cash flow and thats wat this is al about i guess.  :huh:

And wat about delays longer then the permitted 10 minutes? i mean we are not talking about the netherlands here where delays are just as normal to go to the baker and buy some bread.
This is the US and i know that lawyers are rubbing hands to go to court to squeeze more money out of those  (oil) company's.

Nice story Larry  :azn:

Voor vragen kun je me altijd een P.M sturen je kunt daarvoor DEZE link gebruiken